CUDL: Lenders Fund $42.6B in Auto Loans Through Q3 2021

Origence logo

Origence, the leader in lending technology solutions, is reporting continued growth and market strength of credit unions using its CUDL auto lending network to originate indirect loans.

Lenders have funded 1.6 million loans through the CUDL auto lending network, generating $42.6 billion in credit union auto loans, a year-over-year increase of 14.3 percent from third-quarter 2020 to third-quarter 2021.

Applications also rose in the third quarter, as 5.8 million loan applications were submitted through the CUDL system, a year-over-year increase of 4.6 percent. Further reflecting their growing marketplace strength, Origence credit unions have increased auto loans nearly 101 percent since 2013.

Origence reports that used vehicles comprise 74 percent of all cars financed through the CUDL system year-to-date, with the remaining 26 percent being new vehicles.

“Credit unions continue to demonstrate their ability to win in the auto lending marketplace,” said Tony Boutelle, president and CEO of Origence. “We remain focused on delivering innovative lending technology that helps our credit union partners make more loans and create a better member experience.”

Origence credit union partners, as an aggregate, have been the nation’s largest auto lender overall since 2017 and experienced 16.3 percent year-over-year loan growth. More than 1,120 credit unions, serving 52 million members, are utilizing the company’s industry-leading network of lending technology, including its innovative lending platforms and online auto shopping tools.

Origence also noted that their CUDL AutoSMART auto shopping program has grown to include 940 credit union branded digital storefronts in the third quarter, connecting 14,000 dealers and 1.5 million vehicles to millions of credit union members. The program had a 40 percent increase in lead generation activity for dealers between year-end 2019 and year-end 2020.

About Origence
Origence, a CU Direct brand, provides lending technology that enhances the origination experience to increase loan volume, create efficiencies, and grow accounts. With Origence, financial institutions can provide consumer, indirect, and home equity loans with greater efficiency and increased scale while also delivering a convenient and personalized experience to borrowers. Solutions also include marketing and CRM, auto shopping, outsourced loan processing, and more. Origence is headquartered in Irvine, California. For more information, visit and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.

Pin It